Friday, March 25, 2011

West Virginia

First I have to take a minute to say that I passed my comprehensive exam!  NEVER thought that would have happened on the first try.  Literally would have bet money that I failed at least one question...now on to today's post.

I hit a serious mental block and at the urging of a good friend (thanks Shannon) I've decided to write about the top 10 things that I have to look forward to after the big move to West Virginia.

1) Waking up to this beautiful face every morning.


 (In all seriousness, I really can't wait to be with 
Matt everyday and not have to say Good-Bye!)

2) Growing with Matt as we meet new friends and continue to go to church.

Source: Facebook

3) Having Family and Friends come visit! 
(You better make it out there in the summer,
when there is actually stuff to do!)

The Barge is a restaurant on the water that we love to take visitors to on a beautiful summer night!

4) Taking in a game at the ball park!

Source : WV Power

5) Soaking up the rays at the apartment complex's pool.


6) Matt's clothes laying all over the apartment.  Seriously I forsee this being marital fight #1.  I always ask him to just get his clothes in the hamper.  This is what I walked in and found the other day on his bedroom floor.  His pants, nicely laid out, on the floor about 5 feet from him closet which has the hamper in it.  It took all of the strength that I had, but I let them stay there for about 3 days until he picked them up.  Clearly he is TRYING to push my buttons at this point.  I joke that when you're with someone for as long as we've been together you start to look for ways to annoy them.  
Clearly he won.  
Matt - 1   Britt - 0


7) Taking day trips to explore the state and see what Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia has to offer.


8) The jokes that I'll hear from everyone I meet for the rest of my life about West Virginia.

Source : College Humor

9) Calling Matt my husband. 
(To be fair I could do this in any state as long as we're married, 
but hey...it's still something that I'm really looking forward to!!!)


10) Trying new delicious restaurants.  Just stumbled upon this blog today and plan to make it my mission to visit the 4 fork restaurants!!!

Source : forkyou.com


With all of this stuff I have to look forward to, I can't help but to think about how much I'm going to miss this.  These were taken last weekend when I was at home.





2 comments:

  1. I WISH all there was one pair of pants nicely laid out on the floor when Phil gets home.... You could not live with him, lol. I know the path he takes each day in the house when he gets home. There are shows, a few steps, socks, a few steps, pants, shirt, under shirt, baseball gear, towels, etc, etc, etc. It is a losing battle that I lost years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon...you should tell him if he wants to leave a path to the bedroom he should try rose petals next time ;)

    ReplyDelete