Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Surprise Sick Day

Matt was terribly sick yesterday so him staying at home all day meant we got some serious quality time!  It doesn't happen very often that we have a day with literally nothing we have to go out and do.  My day consisted of laundry, (4 loads to be exact) dishes, cooking, and wedding stuff (pictures to follow tomorrow).  It was great talking and spending the day together, I just wish Matt wasn't feeling so miserable.

By the end of the afternoon Matt was getting stir-crazy.  I've said it before, but he really hates sitting around, so I came up with some errands we could go run.  Problem #1...we drove past Krispy Kreme when the "Hot and Ready" sign was on.  Hello pre-dinner appetizer of warm deliciousness!


By the time we got home, Matt was starving (a good sign when your sick) and I was craving a cheeseburger.  Here is the recipe I use for a quick/easy cheeseburger fix when it's raining and cold outside so you can't break out the grill!  Warning - this is not the healthiest recipe, but so delicious that it's worth trying it out!


First you take out a muffin pan and coat it with non-stick spray.  Then you take a roll of pillsbury biscuits, flatten each one, and put one per muffin section.

Next brown the meat.  I used hamburger meat because that is what we had on hand, but you could definitely try turkey.  That's what I use for spaghetti to make it healthier, I don't see why it wouldn't work for this recipe too.  After the meat is brown, you add ketchup and brown sugar.  No measurement here.  I just add ketchup until the meat is covered (like a sloppy joe consistancy) then add brown sugar until it is sweet enough!  Yum!


I have to put a shameless plug in here to get these bowls!  I'm in love with them!  They have a no-slip grip on the bottom and are dishwasher safe!

Source : Real Gloss

Use a tablespoon and add meat in the muffin tin.  I use as much meat as I can stuff in those things without them overflowing.


I then bake at 400 for about 10-12 minutes.  With about 2 minutes left in the cooking, take them out and sprinkle cheese on top! 



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've used turkey meat for those things. I even use it for my sloppy joe's. It works great and tastes just the same!

    ReplyDelete