Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquake

Yesterday I left West Virginia and I must say that over the past almost two years of having a long distance relationship, it ranked in the top 3 hardest days to leave.  Since I had been with Matt for a few days, things were starting to feel normal.  I was even able to accompany him on a business trip where I took some quality time out for myself to regroup from a stressful few weeks.  It looked a little something like this!

 
Going to church, seeing people we know, having job interviews, and meeting new people really made moving to West Virginia and starting our lives together seem real.  It was a tough trip back to VA, but once I got there it was so nice to be home!  I even ended the night with no less than a Great Dane trying to get in my bed.  I literally walked in to my room, got all ready for bed (while Riley watched me), crawled in bed and she came up with this puppy dog face!  How could I resist?


I started this blog to chronicle my life before the wedding.  Today I feel the need to address the Earthquake and the conditions in Japan.  First of all, I'm very thankful for family and friends that stay well connected with the news because in turn, it makes it easy for me to know what is going on.  This morning, for example, I had no more than got out of bed before my sister (the 12 year old that gets up early every morning to watch the news before school) walked up to me and told me "THERE WAS A HUGE EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN".

Source : Fox News

I've been sitting here for awhile watching the news with her and the images are unbelievable.  My first concerns are the nuclear power plants.  Lets hope they stay secured and the people that are being affected (i.e now by the tsunamis) are able to stay safe.

Source : Fox News


No comments:

Post a Comment