Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to the grind

After 2 crazy weeks, I'm finally back to the routine of work and class in Farmville.  Here are some of my favorite recent pictures from the past few days.

My sister, Madison, is in tenth grade.  I picked her up from school the other day and she said "I think I'm going to try out for the softball team".  She hasn't played softball ever.  She played T-Ball for like 1 season when she was maybe 5.  I was shocked, but I am so proud of her that I can't even explain it.  I had the chance to watch her play in her first game last Friday and was so excited when she got up and connected on the first pitch!  Way to go Maddy!  We love you!


Saturday was a gorgeous day, and I was sick :(  Later in the afternoon my Mom took Riley on a walk, my Dad and Maddy were in the front yard playing catch and I sat outside for a bit just hanging out with everyone.  Riley ran around the front yard for quite some time like this.  She's so weird.


I actually made the fruit salsa that I blogged about here.  It may not look very good (I took a picture after it had been out for about 2 hours) but it all got eaten and was delicious!  I would suggest this for any summer cookout or party that you have to take a side dish to!


Finally, my favorite thing about being away from my apartment for 2 weeks was that when I got home I had bare cabinets and an empty fridge.  I love starting from scratch and going grocery shopping!  Here is my favorite thing to eat this time of the year.  Light and Fit plain yogurt, Fresh produce, and my favorite granola (Bear Naked).  Read the story and support this great company.  Ever since Matt lived in CT (in the town where Bear Naked started) I've tried to buy their product as much as possible!  It is delicious!


2 comments:

  1. You should try Chobani greek yogurt, they have fruit flavors now - kourt and I are currently obsessed and it has a TON of protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ick-greek yogurt. More power too you for being able to eat that stuff. I tried it and thought I would gag. Maybe I need to try the Chobani brand.

    ReplyDelete