Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just another day

What a great day.  This morning I woke up to the voices of my grandparents downstairs with my parents.  I love being at home and miss the random visits with my grandparents when I'm away.  After saying goodbye to my sister (she left to go back to Penn State) Matt, my Mom, myself, and my two younger sisters headed to one of my favorite spots in downtown Richmond for brunch and milkshakes!


"The Dairy Bar opened in 1946 with the Curles Neck Dairy processing plant.  After the plant closed, in the 1980’s, the cafe expanded to become a full service restaurant.  It has only changed hands once and continues to be a Richmond landmark for over 60 years.
    The Dairy Bar continues to provide a small town diner feel - a personal touch that is impossible to find in any big chain restaurant.  From Garber’s ice cream (made in Winchester, VA) to Hanover Tomatoes to Cupertino’s Bagels (in Short Pump, VA) the Dairy Bar supports local business every chance it gets."
Above images and excerpt from The Dairy Bar

After brunch we went to the J.Crew Warehouse Sale in the T.J Maxx Shopping Center on West Broad.  I would suggest anyone in the Richmond area should go check it out.  I was able to get two great dresses for a real steal.  


I'm so excited because I found a great Ivory Silk Clutch for the wedding.  Originally $98...I paid $10.  Can't beat that!  I love and appreciate expensive items...but I also love buying these great name brands when they're on sale!  

Source : J.Crew Wedding

Finally my day ended with a 4 1/2 hour car ride back to West Virginia with Matt.  It was nice not to have any snow, ice, and fog to deal with.  We enjoyed the sunshine and each other's company.  For dinner we stopped and ate at The Tamarack.  
Here is some background information on The Tamarack.
"The Best of West Virginia is the nation’s first showcase of handcrafts, fine art and regional cuisine.  It comprises a warmly decorated retail store, working studios for resident artisans, a fine art gallery, a theater, and A Taste of West Virginia food court, managed by The Greenbrier Resort." 

Source : Localism.com

When we got home, I had a ton of junk to unpack and did it while watching my favorite Sunday night shows! Poor Matt had to head straight to bed (after taking Nyquil).  He's getting really sick so I'm trying to stay as far away as possible!  Here are my favorite Sunday night shows...you should check them out!
Source : Airings

Source : little birdie

Source : TV Rage

Source : Google

MY FAVORITE!!!
Source : Episode Info.

2 comments:

  1. The first episode of Secret Millionaire made me and my roomie sob our eyes out. So good!

    ReplyDelete