Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lauren's Bridal Shower

Woo Hoo!  What a crazy day! 

Started out this morning doing some last minute shopping at Target because I had bought a spring dress for Lauren's shower and wouldn't you know the temperature decided to be FREEZING.  Plan 2 - black pants and go to Target to get a cute sweater and pair of shoes.  I was so happy because Madison was able to join me this morning before I had to take her to softball practice.

Cue mental breakdown #1.  I've been so caught up in wedding planning and the craziness that is school, wedding, and moving that I haven't digested the move in its entirety.  Madison and I had a conversation on the way to me taking her to her softball practice and we started talking about visiting each other and she was curious about when Matt and I would be trying to get back to Richmond.  I dropped her off and sobbed the entire way home.  Came home to both of my parents and told them how sad I was to have to leave everyone.  That is when my Mom reminded me that when you find someone you love you realize you would do anything for them, and that is what this marriage thing is all about.  I was at ease because I know I really won't be alone, I'll have Matt.

Then the excitement set in.  I was going to a bridal shower for one of my best friends and able to catch up with my best friends from High School.  I knew it was going to be an amazing weekend.

Here are some wonderful pictures from today!  So much fun!!!

The Beautiful Bride and her Mom

The spread from the wonderful hostesses.
 
Toilet Paper Brides!

Lauren and all of her closest girl friends!

Hermitage Girls

After coming home for a few hours and catching up with family and friends that came in from out of town for my shower (that is tomorrow) it was time to get ready to head to Lauren's Bachelorette Party!

Slightly embarrassed about opening her present!

Dinner was at The Empress in Downtown Richmond and it was such a cute and trendy restaurant.  The food was also delicious!


After dinner I came home and cue mental breakdown #2.  I just let it go as I hung out with my sisters and told them how sad I was to be leaving them in 2 short months.  No more random nights at home.  Of course they made me laugh and get out of my funk.  Plus it's time to get excited for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. As Gladys Knight sang in one of my favorite songs: "I'd rather live in his world, than live without him in mine..." It will be hard, but you will get through it. Phil and I will visit often, I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're already planning our first trip home after the wedding! June 17-19!

    ReplyDelete