Monday, March 7, 2011

Travel Monday - Paris, France

Last week I posted about London, England and this week I decided to follow the trip to Paris, France.  In the summer of 2005 I was given the chance to spend 17 days traveling all over Western Europe with my best friends.  We made memories that I will never forget, and I love taking the time to go through old pictures and re-live those memories. 

What I remember about Paris was that the people were way nicer than I thought they would be.  While it is a gorgeous city with a rich history, I found it to be a little disappointing that the city was so touristy.  It takes away from a foreign city when the waiter at a french restaurant asks you to speak in English when ordering.  You want that rich experience of feeling like part of the culture. 

I love adventures in foreign countries.  I love getting lost, or walking 5 miles the wrong direction because it is in those moments when you see the truest parts of the country you are in and can really explore.

Enjoy these pictures from my trip in Paris, France!

 In front of the Eiffel tower with two of my best friends.


Monte Marte (La Sacre Cure) and myself showing off the view of Paris!




Notre Dame
I'll never forget the beggars and pick-pockets hanging around here, 
or our tour guide with a raggedy old towel on top of a long stick showing us around!


The Arc de Triumph
It was abnormally cold and windy for visiting Paris in July!


We were clearly underage (in the U.S) but the perk of this trip was that we weren't underage in Europe!  Woo-hoo!  We happened to be in Paris on the 4th of July and we found out that if we showed them our U.S passport, we would get a free beer!  We took whatever we could get at this point!  
Great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment