Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thirty Things

I've seen this post on some of my favorite blogs
(Of the Moment, The Lunchbox Diaries,
and a shorter version on IF life weren't so IFfy) so figured I'd give it a try.

Here are thirty things that you may not know about me...

1) My fiance (Matt) and I have been dating since I was 14  years old!


2) When I was little I always wanted to be a veterinarian...until my parents told me that I would have to put people's pets to sleep and give them shots.

3) I then changed my aspiration to wanting to be a zookeeper - and sometimes when I see animal trainers at zoos or aquariums I feel a bit of envy.

4) I have an innate need to care for everything (from people to animals).  I remember being the person at fraternity parties that was picking girls up off of the floor, or pulling their heads out of trashcans and making sure that they had a ride home with someone to take care of them.

5) I once found a stray dog on the side of the road (it was a particularly cold day) and since we couldn't find an animal shelter open in the Farmville area, I asked Matt to take me to Richmond to find this dog a home.  He's now my neighbor's dog.



6) My dream is to own and renovate an old farm house with a lot of land.
Then Matt can have all of the toys he wants and I can foster Great Danes.

Have you ever seen the show on HGTV, Sarah's House?
I'm slightly obsessed and this is what sparked my dream!!!
 
source :  Sarah's House

7) I only like the thermostat set to even numbers.

8) I only like the volume on TVs set to even numbers, if I'm somewhere where I would not be comfortable asking the person to change to an even number, I will turn my head when they change the volume so that I don't know what number the volume is on.

9) I count my steps.

10) I may not have a lot of friends, but the ones that I do have are all I need.  Quality, not quantity!

 Annual Christmas Party (I think we've been doing it for 8-9 years?)

11) My sisters know more about me than they probably should.  They are my 4 best friends!

12) I love looking at old pictures - of anyone, really...



13) One of my biggest passions in life is traveling.  I love to see, learn, and experience new things.  When I find out that someone hasn't been out of the country I wonder if they understand what they are missing out on.

 Here I am in Vienna, Austria!

14) I want to travel to all 50 states - I almost have Matt on board with this goal too!!!

15) Matt and I are going to Disney World in 2012 with my entire family and I'm already SO EXCITED for the trip!  I will be focusing my planning on that trip once I'm out of wedding mode!




16) I've just started baking, and I love it.  I find it relieves stress!


17) Ever since the transmission blew in the car I was driving when going to visit Matt, I've experienced severe anxiety on long car rides.  (I'm talking throwing up and crying anxiety - no fun.)

18) I'm excited to be in a new state for our first year of marriage, hopefully it will make our relationship that much stronger. (Since we'll only really have each other.)

 source : Adventure Finder

19) I've become VERY moderate (dare I say almost liberal?) on most social issues.

20) I am a reality show junkie (please let Brad pick Emily) .

21) I am unable to resist a good sale.

22) I'm a terrible secret keeper (only when it comes to presents) tell me a personal secret, and I'll take it to the grave.

23) I talked my parents into rescuing Riley (their current Great Dane) and I'm convinced that rescuing is the only way I will get a puppy from here on out!


24) Since Matt and I have been dating so long, I consider his family my family too!  I'm crazy about his nieces and nephews!

25) The show "What Would You Do" on ABC has changed my life.  It sounds trivial, but every time I have been faced with a tough decision after watching that show I always wonder "what if I was on that show and had to defend why I did or didn't act in one certain way"?  I never want to have to make an excuse for myself.



26) My family is very large, and unusually close.  I always grew up thinking that everyone's aunts and uncles were like second parents to them, then I realized that my family is the exception.

27) I used to be extremely athletic.  My dad once told me that when playing basketball, if I was going to foul someone, I needed to make sure they weren't coming back in the game.  Looking back, I think this advice was a little harsh...but cut the man some slack, he had five girls...he needed one of them to act like a boy.

28) I get frustrated when girls don't understand football...or don't try to understand and use the fact that they are a girl as an excuse.

 source Steelers

29) I Google dream interpretations very frequently because I think every dream that I have has some hidden meaning.

30) I'm extremely gullible.

6 comments:

  1. 31. You used to have an insanely high pitch voice.

    32. You once had an obsession with gumballs. Is that still the case?

    33. You are a leader.

    34. You had braces. Thank God.

    I was going to put one more fact on here, but since you like even numbers....I'll leave it at 34.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks (about the braces thing)...and I was waiting for the truck the other day at the dealership and saw a gumball machine! I frantically searched for a quarter and got not 1, but 2 gumballs with it! My obsession isn't so much gumballs anymore as it is gum in general. Can't go through a grocery store line without trying the newest types/flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SARAH'S HOUSE. Seriously! It's one of my favorite shows... I often try and find them online to catch up. So when you have that farm house, can you invite me over sometime? Because I'd love to see it :) And also, I literally laughed out loud when I read what Kate wrote for #34...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo glad that someone else watches that show! The other day it was on and I called my sisters and made them turn it on so that I had someone to talk to about it!!! I think it has been my recent antiquing that has made me become obsessed with shabby-chic home decorating. Unfortunately Matt's taste is Ikea, Modern, and Bold so we'll see how we manage to mesh together. Our house (eventually) is probably going to be a design disaster! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to say you are welcome for helping you achieve number 19 :) lol

    ReplyDelete