Thursday, May 19, 2011

running together

Do I consider this a late night or an early morning?

Technically it's Thursday at 12:15 am.  But I feel like I didn't get as much accomplished on my Wednesday to-do list as I wanted to.  Time to step back and get some shut-eye. 

I did however want to take some time to write about some of my work stories from the day.  Every time I leave work Matt always calls and asks how work was.  Usually I brush it off and say miserable, boring, tiring...whatever.  Today I decided to tell him what it was really like.

About the girl who had an entire wedding planned for February 2012 but found out her fiance won't be around then because he is in the Marines.  When she wanted to move it up they decided that wasn't possible because there was no way her fiance was doing anything other than hunting during hunting season (I had a little laugh at that one).  So they have to re-plan the entire thing for a Spring wedding of next year.  I took a moment to step back and count my blessings.  The stress I'm feeling right now is a welcomed, I'm never going to feel this the rest of my life, I'm planning an amazing night with my closest family and friends so my fiance and I can start our lives together stress.  The stress she is feeling is the lets get this thing over with, it won't matter if we're married or not because I'm not going to see him once he's deployed stress.  Moments like these make me realize how lucky I am.

Oh then there was the family (literally with like 8 kids that seemed like they were all the same age) who spoke little English.  I took Spanish for  3 years in middle school, 3 years in high school and a semester in college.  I can understand Spanish pretty well.  I am not, however, confident AT ALL in speaking it.  So when I get a family that speaks Spanish they probably think I am psychic.  Because I hear them say things then will agree with them or ask them a follow up question (in English) to what they were saying in Spanish.  It works to my advantage.  I have to make sure not to let on too much because I have this fear that they will start speaking to me in Spanish and expect me to respond back.  Not gonna happen.  Today my favorite was a woman who walked up to me and said
"what is this called?"
my response - "That is a scarf"
her response "ascarf"
my response "no just scarf"
her response "oh!  juscarf"
my response "scarf"
her response "juscarf"
That went on for about 5 minutes before I gave up.

Then there was my bridesmaid that had paid for a dress and the wedding was canceled.  Ooops

Oh, and my prom girls that came in with a little puppy like it was their accessory...no you are not Paris Hilton.

I also had the usual prom girl come in with her date's tie looking for a dress that matched it perfectly...for the dance...this Saturday...not going to happen!

My stories can get pretty crazy...but those were just a few from today (yesterday?)  whatever...it's bed time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so funny. Yeah, I wonder the stories people can come up with while working for a dress shop. :)

    ReplyDelete