Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Festivities Part 1

Happy Mother's Day weekend!

Today started when I went shopping with my grandmother for her outfit for the wedding.  She ended up with a black and lace dress that I thought was so beautiful and perfect for her.  Almost exactly what she was looking for.  Short, but not too short...short sleeves with an option of a sheer jacket for more coverage...something flattering...check, check, check...we covered all of our bases.

After dress shopping we all headed out to watch Cassidy's softball game.  Right after the game I took my three younger sisters to run so errands then we went home to start getting ready for dinner!

We had all of us together (my parents, sisters, brother-in-law, Matt, and my grandparents).  It was a delicious cookout and a great way to spend a beautiful evening outside.  Plus, we surprised my mom with her Mother's Day gift and all went out as a family for dessert at the Melting Pot.  Yum!

I felt the need to celebrate Mother's day with my Mom and family mainly tonight because tomorrow I have wedding errands to run, dance lessons, and spending time with Matt's family before we hit the road for WV again.  I can't wait to wake up early with my sisters and make Mom breakfast in bed...it is a tradition that I can remember doing as far back as elementary school when I would go outside and pick a flower to put on my Mom's breakfast tray!  Can't wait to "surprise" her with breakfast in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment