Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cooking

This week has been fun because Matt and I have somehow managed to cook together almost every night.  (Except for last night because we were in Morgantown.)

We went out to eat at Cheddars which is a yummy restaurant with great drinks!


I don't remember what exactly my drink was, but it looked like this and was delicious!


Ok...back to Matt and I being able to cook together.

For my bridal shower, one of my closest friends got me this.


It has recently become my go-to cookbook and seriously I'm in love with the advice/healthy cooking that is inside.  If you are young (bride or not) go get this cookbook.  It tells you everything you need to know...from how to tell if veggies and fruit are ripe enough to buy to which cuts of meat come from what part of different animals (diagrams and pictures included).  It is like the idiot's guide to cooking.  

We've had gorgeous weather here in WV so to the grill we went for our dinner.  We made lemon/garlic rubbed pork chops, teriyaki turkey, and steaks and potato kabobs.  YUM!  Of course every night we pair our meat with some veggie (our current favorites are asparagus, corn on the cob, side salad, steamed mixed veggies) and usually some type of bread (bad, I know...but it's a habit we can't kick).  

Also Matt and I have found that about 1-2 hours after dinner we always crave something sweet.  In college (it seemed like every other night) I would make a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies and take to his roommates and him (or keep them in my apt. for my roommates and myself).  


Well that habit had to be broken, so this past year I moved to these 90 calorie treats.



Then on my grocery trip the beginning of the week, I had a coupon for these and decided to give them a shot!


They happen to be delicious!  They satisfy that late-night sweet-tooth and are only 60 calories!  Not too bad!

1 comment:

  1. Watch out for coupons for Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars. They are delish!

    ReplyDelete