Saturday, April 30, 2011

Did today really happen?

We've all had them.  Those days when it's night time and we start to think about something that seems like it happened forever ago, only to realize that you did that earlier in the morning on that actual day.

This morning Matt and I got up bright and early to pack 2 cars worth of my stuff to move to WV.  On our way to Richmond we stopped in Chesterfield to watch Cassidy's softball game.  It was a great game and also beautiful weather to spend a few hours outside.  We then had a meeting with the Deacon where Matt and I had to take an oath basically promising that neither one of us is aware that the person we are about to marry is mentally unstable, willing to have children, and never been married before.  We also had to pick up forms for our parents to fill out stating that we are not being forced to marry each other.  You know, standard wedding procedure. (What in the world are Catholics thinking sometimes?)  Luckily our Deacon is really funny and down to earth, so it helped that he made a joke out of the entire process too.

After our meeting with the Deacon we had a meeting with the florist, who now also happens to be our baker.  The meeting went great.  We got to see a mock-up of our centerpiece and taste some YUMMY cake.  We settled on Cinnamon Bun, Chocolate Chocolate-Chip, and Lemon.  Sounds gross but I chose the lemon (a good spring flavor) Matt went with the chocolate (he loves brownies, and this cake was very rich and delicious), and we agreed on the cinnamon bun as a fun and different flavor.

I want so bad to post pictures of centerpieces, the cake, and other wedding details...(like the cute programs we're working on), but I've decided that some things are better left as a secret!  I want there to be some surprises at the wedding!

I will show you the pictures (that don't have to do with the wedding) from today!

First we have Matt (sitting in a recliner) who decided to invite Riley to join him.  The Great Dane literally thinks she's tiny and can fit in anyone's lap!

(taken from a cell phone - awful quality)

Next we have Cassidy who decided it would be a good idea to ignore my Mom when she advised her to put SunScreen on.

She literally looks like she could still have a jersey on.

Tonight after all of the craziness was over, I started getting ready for bed.  I turned around to find this.

I guess the title of this blog really is appropriate.  She even lays at the foot of the bed so I won't disturb her when I decide it's time for me to go to bed.

And the final picture of the night.  (another dog asleep in the bed?)  I left my room and came back to find this.  Clearly she is exhausted from her softball tournament, so tired she couldn't even make it in to her own bed!  haha  She was out cold and snoring so loud at this point!  Also was not happy when she woke up to my dad taking her pictures.  Gotta love a teenage girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment