Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


After a day of drinking and an evening of Laser Tag with family and friends, today was the perfect way to recoup and relax.  This Easter Sunday was wonderful because we got to spend it with both my family and Matt's family.  Ever since Matt and I have been dating, we've always done Easter Sunday separately.  His family is always at his house and it is the one holiday that my entire family from PA makes the trip down to our house.  Last year we had just gotten engaged and at the last minute (my grandmother was sick and couldn't make the trip) my family decided to head to PA.  This left out myself (who had class on Monday so I couldn't leave town) and my older sister (who had to work on Monday).  Easter Sunday was still fun last year because I got to spend it with Matt's family and having an Easter Egg Hunt with his nieces and nephews!!

This year it was all about compromise.  We hit early church service with my family then ditched them and headed over for Matt's church service.  After Matt's church we went back to spend some time at his parent's house with his family while my family waited for us to come do Easter Baskets (yes the Easter Bunny still visits us - I'm not complaining) and we also had lunch reservations at 1pm.  After lunch we went back and saw Matt's parents before it was time for us to leave Richmond. 


This gave me a little insight as to what the next year is going to look like.  With both of us living out of town, it will be tough when we come home to visit.  It's going to all be about compromises, and we'll be just fine with that.  Luckily for us we also have families that understand how hard it will be for us to split our time and they are more than accommodating!

It was a gorgeous Easter Sunday spent with the best families anyone could ever want to be a part of.  We had so much fun and even got to spend the evening together since Matt came back to Farmville with me.  No good-byes had to be said.  Those sad good-byes are almost gone...just a little over 4 weeks and we won't have to do that anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment