Monday, April 4, 2011

Travel Monday - The Island of Capri, Italy

Capri is an Italian island in the Tyrrhenian Sea off the Sorrentine Peninsula off of the south side of the Gulf of Naples in the Campania region of Southern Italy.  source: wikipedia

source: cruise 
I was lucky enough to travel to Capri with my best friends during the Summer of 2005. 
I'll never forget riding around in a boat around the Island and seeing the amazing Blue Grotto.











After our boat tour and swimming in the sea we headed to Anacapri (the top of the Island) for lunch, shopping, and taking in the views.














Another thing that I remember about Capri was the shopping.  There were great stores and every store with food offered free samples (basically shots) of Limoncello.  Delicious!  I brought samples home for family members!


Source : Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment