Monday, April 25, 2011

Travel Monday - Hilton Head, SC


Today I'm finding myself thinking a lot about Hilton Head, SC.  Matt's parents own a time share down there and this is the annual family vacation spot for a week in either July or August.  I've been twice (or maybe three times) now.  There were a few summers that Matt and I weren't able to attend because the vacation week in August overlapped with us going back to Longwood.


Last summer we went and had so much fun.  Matt and I were just in the beginning stages of wedding planning and so excited for everything that the next year was about to bring.  Not only that, but I had just started grad school and the week that we went to the beach happened to be the week after my Monday-Friday 8am-5pm class.  It was so great to take a deep breath and relax at the beach.  Another thing about Hilton Head last year was the way Matt started to talk about his job.  He started in West Virginia the beginning of June (loving it) and by beach time in July I started noticing that his mood was changing.  This is when I realized what an adjustment this move was shaping up to be and just how tough my year of grad school and his year alone in WV just might end up being.


These are the reasons that I now can't get Hilton Head off of my mind.  This will be our first family vacation where we are actually married.  No arranging to see each other at vacation and having to say good-bye after the week is over.  We get to pack together, travel together, unpack together and enjoy that grad school is behind me and that Matt survived being alone.  I'm excited for the milestones that this next year will bring.  Our first year as a married couple.  Starting with this family vacation in Hilton Head, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment