Monday, February 28, 2011

Travel Monday - London, England

First off...we've made it!  The 3 month countdown begins!

To say I'm a little stir-crazy would be an understatement.  I get the itch about every 3 years.  Western Europe 2005, Eastern Europe 2008, and the Honeymoon in Antigua will more than satisfy the 2011 itch to travel.  I wonder what 2014 will bring?

My best friend over at Of the Moment does a special post every Tuesday called "Travel Tuesday".  I share with her a passion for traveling and thought what better way to start off my week than to re-live some of my past travels and start planning for future travels?!  My goal is to make Monday posts somehow relate to travel.

Monday Travel Post #1
I'm somewhat obsessed with Royal Weddings.  Not just the one coming up in 2 short months, but ones of the past as well.  My inspiration for this post came when I watched a special on Prince William and Kate.  I remember walking around London and really miss the excitement of being in Europe for the first time!
 Here is a shot of one of my best friends and I in front of Westminster Abbey.
(Where William & Kate will be married!)



Some of my friends may kill me for this, but here we are in front of Buckingham Palace!

And here is the Queen's Vacation Home - Windsor Castle

There is no way I could post about London and not include a picture of Parliament and Big Ben!

I have one distinct memory of being in London.  On a rainy and dreary night we decided to go on a Jack the Ripper walking tour in a not so great section of the city.

To make a long story short, I lost my flip flop getting on the tube, and completed the entire walking tour in my bare feet.  Gross!  It taught me a lesson though that I have remembered every time I travel.  You just can't sweat the small stuff.  Especially when you are privileged enough to be visiting amazing foreign cities.  Things will happen, it's your job to make the best of it!

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget how shocked I was when I asked you about your flip flop and you just shrugged as if it was no big deal. You forgot to mention that it was RAINING outside (although one could assume that, knowing England's climate). Good times :) Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete