Thursday, February 24, 2011

Be original...like everyone else

I'm about to hit the 3 month benchmark before "the big day" and find myself thinking that planning a wedding could be a full time job.  Between now and May 28, 2011 I will be...
1) finishing grad school
2) getting my teaching license
3) applying for a "big girl" job
4) moving to a new state where Matt and I know about 10 people (total)
5) getting married (and finishing the planning process)  

I don't ever want to look back on this time and wonder where it all went because I was so busy that I didn't really sit back and enjoy the fact that my life is about to change, drastically. 

source : thinkpeace

I'm not blogging to have a ton of people "follow" me, nor am I theming my blog about anything in particular.  The nights that I'm annoyed because Riley (the Great Dane) wants so bad to share my twin bed at my parent's house, I know one day I'll wish I could go back to.  I just hope that in 5 years when I'm feeling nostalgic, I have something to look back on and remember the "good old days".  After all, don't we have fun reading things we wrote about in our elementary school projects, or our middle school notes to friends? 
source : icanseethatstare

Here's to looking back and remembering some of the best times of my life!

2 comments:

  1. You know you're a teacher when....you use the word "benchmark" in everyday speech :) Miss you! Glad I can keep up with your life. Can't believe West Virginia will be home soon...so sad for us but exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you started a blog! I wish they would have been trendy when I was getting married.

    ReplyDelete